11 February 2009

Good Luck Bailey....

Well after many schedule changes trying to get Bailey to his new home I finally was able to drop him off in Richmond on Sunday. Then it took many hand offs to get him to his new home in North Carolina, but he has made it safe and sound!

It's so strange not having him here. Even with all of us in the house it's unusually quite. No more clicking of nails on the hard wood; no more "Happy Dances"; no more annoying licking and snoring sounds; no more looks of "where is my food" or even him jumping around waiting to be tossed some popcorn. I think we all miss him! I just have to keep telling myself and the kids that it was the best thing to do for him. He has friends to play with now and is with a nice retired lady that is home all day and able to take him out as much as he needs.

And hind sight being what it is...I'm glad it was just me that took him because I'm having a bit of trouble with the look on his little face of complete confusion. At least the kids got to say good bye at the house and he was all happy and excited to be going on a car ride.

We love you Bailey and we will forever remember you in our hearts and minds!

No comments:

Post a Comment