08 February 2009

Busy, Busy and More Busy

Boy it has been a busy couple of weeks! We've been racing around trying to get all Larry's pre-deployment stuff done, finish up a few projects around the house and have a bit of fun in between.

Larry and I went to the SAIC belated holiday party. It was "Vegas" themed complete with Elvis impersonator! If it were not for the gambling tables it probably would have been very boring. It definitely wasn't like the "old days". Open bar all night, guys dancing around with ties on their heads and wacky embarrassing pictures being taken. We were really bummed that it was only play money because we ended the night with total of about 750 thousand dollars. (we started with 50K) Oh what I could have done with that kinda cash. I was doing pretty well at Craps with Missy being my good luck dice blower. I'm thinking a real Vegas trip is in our future. Course I know I won't have that kinda luck there!

Just two days ago we had Larry's fairwell lunch and beer fest @ the Wild Wing Cafe. We were there at noon and finally made it out by 9pm. I think my rear is now shaped like a bar stool! This place is so great you can actually taste the wings spices instead of being drowned in sauce. The staff was pretty cool too! We are an interesting bunch of people to say the least and they got all our jokes and weird humor. One staff guy even bought us a round shots later in the night to say thanks to Larry for going to Iraq. Now honestly how kool is that?

Just under two weeks left till he heads out so I'm sure we will be busy cramming stuff in right up until he gets on the plane. Hopefully these memories we are making will keep us all going during his deployment......

No comments:

Post a Comment