24 January 2009

Perspective

Here of late Chase & I have been having many conversations about perspective. How different people can have a different perspective about the same event. We had these conversations in hope that he will have a greater understanding of himself & of other people. Being able to see something from another persons perspective can help in so many ways. When you're hurt it can aid your healing; when you're sad it can make you smile; when you're confused it can give clarity and my favorite, it can make you laugh.

Just recently we had gone out to dinner during which Kalyn and I were playing Tic-Tac-Toe before our meal. Once Kalyn & I were done eating she wanted to play some more so I told her to draw the grid. Well a few minutes past and I hadn't played. This is the conversation that followed:

"Mommy you lost" Kalyn exclaimed.
"But I wasn't even playing...you cheated" I said with a smile
"No I didn't...I was just helpin and took your turn" She said laughing

Unfortunately it's not always that funny as I have experienced and now Chase is learning first hand. Sometimes to find out the other persons perspective can be scary, confusing and down right nerve racking. However, on the other hand my family and I have gained so much from getting "perspective". My husband & I understand so much more about each other and I'm getting to know my kids on whole new level and I am truly amazed by their depth of insight at such a tender age.

No comments:

Post a Comment